Come visit by helicopter The history of Panama with this exceptional tour. An envi d"history?
In 1534, the monarchy of Spain had, after its conquest of Peru, established a golden rainy season road on the isthmus of Panama Camino Real de Cruces, most of which consisted of the river Chagres.
The trail connects the Pacific port of Panama Viejo Panama City to the mouth of Chagres, from where the loot of Peru would sail towards the warehouses of Spain in the main Atlantic ports of the isthmus: Number of Dios, Colón Number of Dios,
first and, later, Portobelo.
Attracted by the treasure, the pirates began to attack the coast of Panama around 1560.
To protect the Atlantic terminus of the Las Cruces Trail (Camino Real de Cruces), Spain built Fort San Lorenzo at the mouth of the Chagres River. From 1587 to 1599, the fortifications became an artillery battery at sea level.
You need to know
- € 24.50 registred fee to be paid per person
- You need to arrive 30mn before the flight for the boarding formalities
- You will be asked for a proof of identity before the flight
- All of our operators have a certification
- For your safety reasons, weather conditions can postpone your flight